2014 Enbridge Community Energy Conservation Program(GTA)
Save Up to $2,000 in Valuable Incentives
Enbridge Gas Distribution is proud to offer the Community Energy Conservation Program in York Region and other select areas in Toronto, Ottawa and Niagara. Complete with energy expertise and valuable incentives of up to $2,000 to qualified homeowners, this program makes it easy and affordable for you to understand and improve the energy efficiency of your home, lower your energy bills and lessen your home’s impact on the environment.
Enbridge Gas Distribution is committed to the communities we serve. We believe that, when we all work together, we have the energy to make a difference. That’s why we have created the Community Energy Conservation Program. It’s one of Enbridge’s conservations programs, but not our first. As a company dedicated to helping our customers reduce their natural gas consumption, we’ve been offering energy conservation programs and incentives since 1995.
Before you can participate in the program, review the following points to make sure you qualify;
A) You must have a valid Enbridge Gas account number.
B) You must reside in one of the designated qualifying communities listed here:
- Town of Aurora
- Town of East Gwillimbury
- Town of Georgina
- Township of King
- Town of Newmarket
- City of Markham
- Town of Richmond Hill
- City of Vaughan
- Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville
- Ajax (L1S, L1T, L1Z)
- Pickering (L1V, L1W, L1X, L1Y)
- Black Creek (M3N)
- Burnhamthorpe (L4W, L4X)
- Don Valley West (M2L, M2P, M4N, M3B)
- Scarborough Area (M1M, M1E, M1C, M1L, M4B, M1K)
- Toronto Beach Area (M4E, M4L, M4M, M4J, M1N, M4C)
- Ward 13 (M6P, M6S)
- Ward 30 (M4K, M4J, M4M, M5A)
- Willowdale (M2N, M2M, M2K)
- Brampton (L6Z, L6P)
- County Court (L6W)
- Mississauga (L5L, L5M, L5H, L5R, L5V, L5N, L5C, L5B)
- Glengarry, Prescott, Russell (K4B)
- Nepean (K2R)
- Grimsby (L3M)
- Niagara Falls (L2H)
- St. Catharines (L2W, L2N, L2T)
STEP 2-Pre-retrofit Energy Audit
An energy audit is an inventory and assessment of your home’s current energy efficiency. The energy audit will reveal areas where you can make improvements (called retrofits) to improve your home’s energy efficiency, in turn helping you conserve energy and save money. You must use one of the Certified Energy Auditors (CEAs) approved by Enbridge Gas Distribution.
Here’s what to expect:
- An energy audit includes an inventory and thorough assessment of your home’s current heating, ventilation and cooling equipment and building envelope.
- A blower door test will be conducted to determine if your home has air leakage which can cause wasted energy, uncomfortable drafts and poor air quality.
- Your home will be given an energy score using the Natural Resources Canada EnerGuide Rating System – the higher the score the better.
- During your energy audit, you will receive recommendations for improvements (called retrofits) that can help you maximize your home’s energy efficiency, reduce your energy bills and increase home comfort.
- Energy audits will be conducted by our program’s list of approved CEAs.
- It’s best to book your energy audit before for the winter heating season.
Implement a minimum of 2 of the following recommended qualified energy upgrades:
- Attic insulation upgrade
- Basement wall insulation upgrade
- Wall insulation upgrade
- Air sealing (minimum 10%)
- Window replacement
- High efficiency space heating system installation (gas furnace/boiler)
- High efficiency water heating system installation (gas)
- Drain water heat recovery system installation
The energy auditor will advise which measures will need to be upgraded to achieve 25% annual gas savings in order to qualify of the Enbridge incentive. To help you offset the cost of the recommended upgrades, be sure to check out the available incentives offered by Enbridge.
4 STEP-Post-retrofit Energy Audit
Get your home’s new and improved energy score.
By getting a post-retrofit energy audit, you’ll be able to compare your new and improved energy score against the energy score your home was given prior to making retrofits. It’ll be proof positive that your energy efficiency upgrades have made a difference.