Home Energy Audit
Ontario homeowners can choose from a shopping list of grants and rebates offered by the Government and local utility company. For more information, click on one of the rebates below. Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact us and we will gladly prompt you to the right source of information.Constant Home Comfort is strongly committed to ensuring that your home is energy efficient and works with you to make every money-saving opportunity possible. Satisfaction is always a guarantee.
For Appointment Or Info, Please Call Toll-Free: 1-888-829-1875
Home Energy Audit
Speak to an Energy Advisor: 1-888-829-1875
To qualify for grants you need to complete two home energy audits. The first energy audit must take place before you renovate – if you want your energy-saving upgrades to qualify for Grants + Rebates. A second energy audit must be completed after all upgrades are finished.
Home energy audit
- Ontario — You pay $350 for the first energy audit. You will receive a $150 rebate on the cost of your first audit from the Ontario government’s Home Energy Audit program, regardless of whether you make any energy–saving renovations.
- British Columbia — You pay $150 for the first energy audit. The BC government’s LiveSmart BC program currently pays HomePerformance for the remaining portion of the cost.
- First audit — Your first home energy audit takes approximately 1 to 2 hours to complete. Your certified ecoENERGY advisor will be happy to answer any questions about energy use in your home. The advisor will need access to the entire house, including attic, crawl space, heating and cooling equipment, or any other hard to reach areas.
- Grant report — You will receive an ecoENERGY report as part of your home energy audit. This report contains recommendations on how to improve the energy efficiency of your home.
- Government grants — The Government of Canada provides up to $5,000 in ecoENERGY grants to eligible Ontario and BC homeowners. The Government of British Columbia provides rebates up to $7,000 and more for home energy renovations through the LiveSmart BC rebate program – for total BC rebates of more than $12,000.
- Upgrade your home — After reading your ecoENERGY report you may choose to do all, some, or none of the recommended energy–saving upgrades. You can complete the renovation work yourself or hire a contractor. You should document your renovations with receipts, photos and product literature to be sure you get full credit for all improvements.
- Second audit — To be eligible for Government of Canada ecoENERGY grants and LiveSmart BC rebates, you need a second, or follow–up, audit. The cost of a follow–up ecoENERGY audit is $150.
- Grant cheques — You can expect to receive your Goverment of Canada grant cheque, and BC government rebate cheque in approximately 90 days of your second energy audit. The Governments of Canada and British Columbia cheques are issued separately according to their own criteria and deadlines.
- Canada ecoENERGY — To qualify for Government of Canada ecoENERGY grants you must complete your follow–up (post-retrofit) audit by March 31, 2012. Use the opportunity to complete as many upgrades as possible.
- LiveSmart BC — To qualify for LiveSmart BC rebates, you must finish your upgrade work and complete your second energy audit within 18 months of your first energy audit or before March 31, 2013, whichever comes first.
- Combined grants — If you want to take advantage of combined Canada ecoENERGY grants and LiveSmart BC rebates, we recommend that you complete all upgrade work and have your follow–up (post-retrofit) audit completed before the Canada ecoENERGY deadline of March 31, 2012.
- Please note — Additional fees are applicable for oversize homes (>3500 sq. ft.). Travel fees may apply for outlying locations.
- Prices — Homeowner cost of first and second home energy audits in Ontario and BC are subject to change.
To qualify for government grants and rebates, you need to have an energy audit before you renovate.
A HomePerformance Energy Advisor will conduct a detailed evaluation of your home’s energy use.
Based on your home’s own information, you’ll learn how to …
- Put a stop to costly home energy loss.
- Save hundreds … even thousands … of dollars each year.
- Enjoy a home that’s warmer in winter, and cooler in summer.
- Avoid unsightly mold and condensation on your windowsills.
- Improve your health through better indoor air quality.
- Increase the value of your Canadian home.
All of this information is customized for you, using actual measurements and scientific data based on your own home’s existing energy performance. No two homes are exactly alike. Your energy advisor makes their recommendations specifically for your home.
How it works
Your HomePerformance Energy Advisor conducts specialized tests and procedures including …
- Blower door test to determine your home’s ventilation and leakage
- Tour of “air leakage” trouble spots in your home
- Assessment of your home’s insulative qualities
- Analysis of your heating and cooling equipment’s efficiency
- Detailed examination of your Canadian home’s structure
- Explanation of how your home loses the most energy,
and more …
You also receive the following …
- Comprehensive list of energy trouble spots in your home
- Personalized checklist of energy improvement projects
- Official EnerGuide label for your Canadian home
- Up to $10,000 in combined Grants + Rebates
- Energy savings of up to 30% per year … or more
The choice is yours
You won’t be pressured into buying anything.
Your Canadian HomePerformance Energy Advisor is an unbiased, independent expert, and is certified by the Government of Canada. The ecoENERGY recommendations you receive for your Canadian home are based on your priorities and energy savings goals, and on your Canadian home’s specific energy use patterns.
Easy to start — Canada
All you do is make one call — 1–888–829-1875 — to book a home energy audit with a HomePerformance Energy Advisor – your first step to qualifying for Canada ecoENERGY grants and provincial rebates for home energy renovations.
- Book your energy audit with a certified HomePerformance Energy Advisor. Your Energy Advisor will help you make the right energy saving choices for your Canadian home.