Qualify for up to $5,000 renovation grants
Ontario homeowners can choose from a shopping list of grants and rebates offered by the Government and local utility company. For more information, click on one of the rebates below. Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact us and we will gladly prompt you to the right source of information.Constant Home Comfort is strongly committed to ensuring that your home is energy efficient and works with you to make every money-saving opportunity possible. Satisfaction is always a guarantee.
For Appointment Or Info, Please Call Toll-Free: 1-888-829-1875
Qualify for up to $5,000 renovation grants
Speak to an Energy Advisor: 1-888-829-1875
To get grants, homeowners in Ontario need two home energy audits. The first energy audit must take place before you renovate – if you want your energy-saving upgrades to qualify for Ontario Rebates. A second energy audit must be completed after all upgrades are finished.
Ontario rebates – Update
- Canada Grants — The Government of Canada closed the popular ecoENERGY Home Retrofit Program on January 29, 2012. This federal ecoENERGY program provided up to $5,000 in tax–free grants for home energy renovations.
- Ontario Rebates — The Government of Ontario closed the Ontario Home Energy Audit program on March 31, 2012. This program paid rebates of $150 toward the cost of a home energy audit. A year earlier, the Government of Ontario closed the Ontario Home Energy Savings Program on March 31, 2011. This provincial program provided up to $5,000 in tax-free grants for home energy renovations.
- For more information, call 1–877–732–9888
Home energy audit — Ontario
- Ontario — You pay $350 for the first energy audit. Ontario homeowners receive a $150 rebate on the cost of their first audit from the Ontario government’s Home Energy Audit program, regardless of whether they make any energy–saving renovations.
- First energy audit — Your first Ontario home energy audit takes approximately 2 to 3 hours to complete. Your certified ecoENERGY advisor will be happy to answer any questions about energy use in your home. The advisor will need access to the entire house, including attic, crawl space, heating and cooling equipment, or any other hard to reach areas.
- Grant report — You’ll receive an ecoENERGY report as part of the first ecoENERGY audit. This report contains recommendations on how to improve the energy efficiency of your Ontario home.
- Ontario rebates — The Government of Canada provides up to $5,000 in ecoENERGY grants to eligible Ontario homeowners.
- Upgrade your Ontario home — After reading your ecoENERGY report you may choose to do all, some, or none of the recommended energy–saving upgrades to your Ontario home. You can complete the renovation work yourself or hire a contractor. You should document your renovations with receipts, photos and product literature to be sure you get full credit for all improvements.
- Second energy audit — To be eligible for Government of Canada ecoENERGY grants, Ontario homeowners need a second, or follow–up, audit. In Ontario, the cost of a follow–up ecoENERGY audit is $195.
- Grant cheques — Ontario homeowners can expect to receive a Government of Canada grant cheque, mailed to their Ontario address, approximately 90 days or more after their second energy audit.
- March 31, 2012 — To qualify for Canada ecoENERGY grants you must complete your follow–up (post-retrofit) audit by March 31, 2012. Use the opportunity to complete as many upgrades as possible.
- Please note — Additional fees are applicable for oversize homes (>3500 sq. ft.). Travel fees may apply for outlying Ontario locations.
- Prices — Homeowner cost of first and second home energy audits in Ontario are subject to change.
Ontario Home Energy rebates
Ontario homeowners can choose from a shopping list of renovation grants from the Government of Canada:
- Furnaces — high–efficiency gas or oil, up to $790
- Central air conditioners — replacement $250
- Hot water heaters — condensing gas $375
- Hot water heaters — tankless/instantaneous gas, condensing–type $375
- Geothermal — ground– or water–source heat pumps which are energy–efficient heating and cooling systems up to $4,375
Ontario homeowners can also get …
And there’s more.
Take advantage of Government of Canada ecoENERGY grants for home energy renovations in Ontario: